Friday, June 27, 2008

CICP

I've decided to license Content Injection and Control Protocol free to closed-source virtual world platforms as well. The more available platforms Glasshouse can integrate with the better.

I will have a spec of CICP put together by the end of the week, and will be soliciting feedback and contribution from architects involved with the major open source and closed source virtual worlds. Within one week after that, CICP will be finalized and can be implemented in any virtual world; any platform with CICP then becomes a platform which can host the Glasshouse data exploration environment.

I believe CICP will be a valuable protocol for external apps to integrate with virtual worlds, for viewers to communicate with servers, and ultimately even for the various virtual world platforms to interoperate with one another.

I pledge to continue the patenting process for CICP and to license it free for all to use. Note that I am all about making money... but not with this protocol. I plan to make money with Glasshouse, and Glasshouse and other apps like it need CICP.

Ben

No comments: